• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First smoke w/moded offset

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
Some of you may remember I bought an old style New Bruansfeld offset several months ago. I had a baffle welded to the side of the fire-box/smoke chamber wall, and four moveable tuning plates made. Well, then I got my UDS, then bought the BDS-Mega, and one thing let to another and I never got around to actually cooking on the thing. With a little experimentation I found it easy to regulate the heat throughout the cooker, soooo;

I had a couple of bottom round roasts in the freezer that I noticed when I was scrounging around for tomorrow's chicken the other day. So with a little EVOO I used a couple of the Dizzy Pig sample packs I got from Fred's and had at it. A neighbor tossed a rib-eye over the fence after asking if I would smoke it for him. The roasts would have been a bit tough because of the cut, but I sliced 'em thin and they were oh so juicy and the flavor was just right. I like them rare and these came out just right at 133 degrees, foiled and coolered for 30 minutes. Gotta congratulate Dizzy Pigs on jobs well done. A side of Pasta and some Spinach made for a great addition to the meal. Enjoy the pron and thanks for looking in!

Attachments

• bottom round 002.jpg
    bottom round 002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 87
  • bottom round 004.jpg
    bottom round 004.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 85
  • bottom round 006.jpg
    bottom round 006.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 86
  • bottom round 008.jpg
    bottom round 008.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 86
  • bottom round 009.jpg
    bottom round 009.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 86
  • bottom round 011.jpg
    bottom round 011.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 86
  • bottom round 012.jpg
    bottom round 012.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 87
  • bottom round 013.jpg
    bottom round 013.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 85
I tried to get a guy at work to pick up an offset on CL over by his place for $30 that we could make the fire house smoker. If he does then I'll be pm'ing you for your mods!

I wish I had Neighbors that would throw Meat over the Fence ! Good job on the Beef, thats what's for Dinner ! I wish I lived on the other side of youre fenced yard !

Job well done. The only problem I see is that the sides are taking up too much room and now there's not enough room for the meat!

Back