Contest Results 12th Annual Ohio Smoked Meat and Barbecue Festival

beardjp

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well we did it!!! 18 teams showed in Nelsonville, Ohio and it was a great weekend. Congratulations to Shigs-In-Pit, Fort Wayne, IN for getting Grand Champion. Congratulations to Brethren, Rob Marion, Them Ohio City Boys, Cleveland Ohio for getting top Ohio Team. Thanks to all the BBQ Brethren Teams for all of their support and help at the competition.

All of the competition results are available at www.nelsonvillefd.org/bbqresults.htm

Please fill out your competition evaluations you received in your team packets. We need the information to help plan for 2009.

Once again, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!

Thanks much!!

It was a great weekend....weather, the community, volunteers, all the teams, and setting. We appreciate all of the work that you guys put into it, getting it back on track, and in a short amount of time, you guys pulled one together pretty well. It was great to see everyone, and meet some new folks.....looking forward to next year....

Dan, thanks for all the hard work you did to turn Nelsonville around. I went on record early as an unbeliever and you and the Nelsonville Chamber of Commerce made a believer out of me. I think everyone that was associated with the contest stopped by on Friday or Saturday to thank us for supporting the contest this year and I know that the contest is in good hands for next year. I know that the planning will start soon for next years contest and have no doubt that it will become a qualifier once again.

Rob great showing on your first contest on your own with a first in Ribs and a third and Pork. Way to represent the Buckeye State.

Congratulations also to the Shigs team for wining the Grand and to Rollin Ribs who took Reserve and to all that got to walk on Saturday.

And finally congratulations to my wife Donna who get her first, first place in the dessert category for her pumpkin cheese cake with praline topping. It definitely was the highlight of our contest.

Thanks again everyone and see you next year!

yes, I did forget to say that.....Donna has to start making up her awards cabnet....hearing the judges talk about it when I went to pick up my containers it had to be amazing....they were raving about it....
Thank you for your help and guidance over the summer....I have learned a lot....so those were as much yours as mine.....and the thank you was one that was well deserved...
Now, rest, you have had one hell of a summer....and it has been a great ride....thanks for sharing it.....

Congrats everyone who got calls... Rob, lil man and Bones the BBQ dog and I are very proud of you!!! Nice job on your first comp!!!! We love you!!!

Would someone at an Ohio comp (other than just Mike) beat S&P??? :)

it was fun rolling in to judge the comp, but we didn't stick around. We decided to enjoy Fall in SE Ohio for the day.

Congrat's to Shigs In Pit, Rob and Donna and everyone else who took a walk!!! Way to go!!8)

They have been consistent in the tri-state area.....and this weekend they were only the two musketeers.....

Good to see all there this past weekend. have alot of pics will load when get back(no I am not digitial) Rob congrats from what I could see from the bar and Mike could see from the auction house you did great. To ALL that got calls conrats. Had a good time going around seeing all and meeting all and not having to worry.

I figured they would be off their game the way they were luring girls into their camp with alcohol on Friday, getting them drunk and letting them sleep it off in the Shigmobile but the boys still managed to pull it off.

Congrats Shigs in Pit, you guys have it going on. I tell you they are a great bunch too. Fun to be around. If you like micro brewed beers, i think they make the best I ever had.
Congrats to all who got called too. Wish I could have made it.

Thanks again

Hey everyone,

I'm Bear's other half from LiveSaving BBQ. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that was in Nelsonville this past weekend. We had a great weekend are looking forward to next year. Thanks to everyone that came over to share the fire Friday night. Next year y'all are welcome to come over, share the warmth and tell lies.

Pingman, I'm looking forward to most of the pics you took this weekend.

Sarge

Was good to meet all of you at LifeSaving BBQ....great group of guys to shoot the crap with....look forward to seeing y'all again next year....

Nelsonville Winner Pictures

Just a few pictures of the top winners answering the call on Saturday in Nelsonville.

Last edited:
It will really impress the psych patients in the ER.....laughs......just glad that the first one is OVER....you guys kicked arse over the weekend too!!!

1) Rocky Boot Sign

2) Mike, Rob u2canque, Myself

3) Rob with famous Smile

4) Jim Ferguson Rollin Smoke and Rob u2canque

5) Sarge Lifesaving BBQ

6) Dan Beardpj Lifesaving BBQ

7) Anchor City Smoke

8 ) Hickory Flats BBQ

9) Dallas Double D's

10) Double D's

Attachments

• Rocky Sign.jpg
    Rocky Sign.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Double D.jpg
    Double D.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Dallas.jpg
    Dallas.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Hickory Flats BBQ.jpg
    Hickory Flats BBQ.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Anchor City Smoke.jpg
    Anchor City Smoke.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Dan Lifesaving BBQ.jpg
    Dan Lifesaving BBQ.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Lifesaving BBQ.jpg
    Lifesaving BBQ.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Jim Rob.jpg
    Jim Rob.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Rob Injecting.jpg
    Rob Injecting.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Mike Rob Roger.jpg
    Mike Rob Roger.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 36
1) Buddy Getta Que

2) Sloppy Que

3) Troy

4) Rocky Boots Team

5) Rollin' Ribs

6) Team Jay-Are

7) Our bartenders

8 ) Todd and Stefan Shigs in Pit

Attachments

• Our Bartenders.jpg
    Our Bartenders.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Team Jay Are.jpg
    Team Jay Are.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Rollin Ribs.jpg
    Rollin Ribs.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Rocky Boot Team.jpg
    Rocky Boot Team.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Troy.jpg
    Troy.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Sloppy Que.jpg
    Sloppy Que.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Getta Que.jpg
    Getta Que.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Todd  and  Stefan.jpg
    Todd and Stefan.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 34
Thanks much!! appreciate the pictures...........hope that your sons ann party went well.......looking forward to the pictures of that!

Back