Brinkman Stillwater smoker

W

Wildcat

Anybody have one of these? I saw it here at a store and they wanted less than $500 for it, I found the same smoker on the net selling for $1,599.99.

The one I looked at was heavy gauge steel and they say the same for the other on the net. I don't know if they are the same smokers or not.

If it's the same then less than $500 sounds like a good buy.

I'm looking for a wood/charcoal smoker that I can smoke 6 butts at a time and thought this might work. I'm open to other ideas as far as smokers goes. Right now I have a WSM and do good with it but I need more cooking space plus I have a ton of wood to use.

.... basic (not Deluxe) Stillwater shows up on Brinkmann site for just under $900. ... BUT ... shipping is ridiculous. Looks like you are at 50% discount (and no shipping). Hope you get some experienced feedback ... quick!

It looks nearly identical to the Cimmaron, which I have, except for some cosmetic differences. I can't tell from the pic on the web if it's 1/4" steel, or just "heavy guage" steel. If it's 1/4" steel, you would be stealing it at that price. I cut my Q teeth on the Cimmaron and I really like it. I use it as a pit and a grill.
6 butts would be pushing it, and I haven't been able to burn straight wood in mine, keep the temps right, and have the meat taste good coming out. You'll burn more wood than in a WSM, but it ain't a fireplace either.
Still for less that $500, you can't go wrong.

I went back and looked at it again. It is 1/4 steel.

The sale price is $449.

I can get 4 butts in my WSM easy so I think I might be able to do 6 in this one.

.... you lucky dog !! (nascar-talk) ... no offense.

With hotel rooms and gas, it wold cost me that much to come and get it!

Want to hear the kicker?

They had 10 of them at that price this spring and now they have one left.

The manager said they may get that many next spring but didn't give me a price for them.

Well Wildcat, you better be in the truck with the checkbook! Make sure you follow the instructions and season that bad boy when you get him home.
The only mod I really made to my Brinkmann was to create a grate for the charcoal that is essential 1/4" steel with 3/8" holes drilled in it so my lump charcoal did not fall through.
Hole pattern is like this:
|o o o o o |
| o o o o o|
|o o o o o |
| o o o o o|
covering the entire piece of steel, with angle iron welded on the ends as support.

Back