Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

Do you think you will run year-round? The GF and I were talking about it the other day and the topic came up of how many businesses (that are obviously not the typical seasonal business) don't run all year up there like they might down here.

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Very inspiring, and darn it if I didn't just throw away a license plate this week before seeing your thread!

• Thanks
Do you think you will run year-round? The GF and I were talking about it the other day and the topic came up of how many businesses (that are obviously not the typical seasonal business) don't run all year up there like they might down here.

That is the plan, think it will depend on if I can keep enough customers thru the winter more then anything. I know I can keep the building warm and I've cooked at -50f so that's not an issue... just need the customers. So you may have to fly up a few time during the winter to help my numbers up :becky:

Very inspiring, and darn it if I didn't just throw away a license plate this week before seeing your thread!

We'll if you stumble across one send it on up it will be put on the wall :)

Thanks
pwa

. So you may have to fly up a few time during the winter to help my numbers up :becky:

Um, yeah...about that....no promises. Hell, some airlines suspend their flights to Fairbanks in the winter. Pretty sure Frontier only flies there from like March to September.

Also, let me (us) know if you need any other decor. Being down here in BBQ country, there is plenty of crap that can be found that may not be as readily available up there.

My youngest two kids got to town Fri and already putting them to work! Today was the last day of painting... I hope!! What a difference a fresh coat of paint makes. Still waiting on my water tanks and the State to permit it. So much for there 30day lol

Friends stopped in and I put them to work :-D

20130511110700610.jpg

My daughter and her bestie

20130511110753698.jpg

My youngest boy, the middle kid on the ladder going to town

20130511131037916.jpg

The finished outside!! okay almost need to work on trim yet lol

20130511151340397.jpg

My daughter and her bestie decide they would stop workin on the outside and tackle the shelving and ordering stations

20130511151457919.jpg

Great work. Good luck with the venture. Shack looks great and love the website as well.

• Thanks
I'm very late in my discovery of this thread, but still wanted to send along my best wishes and support. For years I've dreamed of doing something like this and it always inspires and pleases me to see someone making it happen.

I only wish you were closer so I could be one of your first customers.

• Thanks
Coming along nicely! Really happy for you man and I hope it does great. Shoot me your address, I think I can dig up a MI plate for ya:wink:

• Thanks
Looking great !
The weather must be decent there, I see skirts instead of fur lined hoods. haha

Yea it hit 60F for a few days so I jumped all over the painting! Had to get it done not sure I could look at that mexican shack much longer :shocked:

Coming along nicely! Really happy for you man and I hope it does great. Shoot me your address, I think I can dig up a MI plate for ya:wink:

Thanks and Addy sent!

Looking good man!

Not sure if you mentioned anywhere in this thread but what's the weapon(s) of choice for smokin @ the "shack"?

4 UDS for now, I have the 2 I'm been using for comps and catering and built 2 more. Working on getting a Pitmaker Vault so will have a ton off cooking space when that shows up. :mrgreen:

Clint

Back