View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #529
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloogee View Post
So how often do you actually end up using it? Also, when did you pick it up? Does yours have the cast iron burners. The reviews I've read on it makes it sound like they recently changed the design away from cast iron burners and now has a bad problem with hot and cold spots.

p.s. sorry for the thread diversion! Keep those pics coming! This is a great thread, so don't let it die!
To be honest I use it quite a bit. I would say about once a week or so. I don't have the cast iron burners because they did away with those at the end of 2011 and I bought mine in September 2012. I have the stainless steel burners which are good and won't rust sitting outside. It cooks pretty evenly if you ask me and I'm very satisfied with the performance. The hotspots aren't that significant and you can easily control them by playing with the burner controls to get it to exactly how you want it across the griddle. I myself never mess with it and all my food I cooked on it comes out evenly. It burns very hot and I never had to go past medium heat setting. Overall its an excellent product for the money and dont let the burners be a deal breaker. There is an expert review on Lowe's site from a chef and just read that. There are also YouTube videos. Most people on those reviews have no clue about what their talking about. I highly recommend it and if you don't like it you can return it within 90 days.

Sorry guys dont mean to hijack a thread and just helping out a brethren.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote