• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big Ron's Chili Mix Pulled Pork Chili

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Last week Redhot and I made some chili with our Favorite Premade Mix by Big Ron.
We'd never made chili with BBQ pork before but the AROMA'S! Oh man. We always start with dried pintos and make them from scratch. (Never canned). We used about three~four pounds of pork, a pound of dried beans, two big cans of diced tomatos, a big can of tomato sauce, one small can of tomato paste and two packs of Big Ron's chili mix. DAAAAAAAAYUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! This stuff is was kick ass AWESOME.

In the pot:

chili.jpg

And in the bowl:

bowl.jpg

We also had tortilla chips for chili dippin'. :grin: Big Ron's mix has a great heat profile, not too hot, not too mild, but Jusssssst right. Posted a couple pics in the WP but figured a Q Talk thread was warranted too.

If you want to try a really good mix, I suggest giving Big Ron's a go. :thumb::thumb:

So 14,798 quality posts isn't enough, admit it you made this chili just so you could post in Qtalk didn't you? :grin:

The chili looks great, I just ate a farking salad. :tsk: I gotta give Big Ron's a shot. :thumb:

Well that settles that...I'm topping my chili that way from now on!

Only 14,000 post behind you and I've been here about half as long as you...yeah...I can catch up...:wacko:

Great post Bud!

Looks awesome. I checked Big Ron's site and the chili mix comes in 1# bags. So you put 2# of chili mix in there..........:shock: How big was that farking pot......:rolleyes:

Looks awesome. I checked Big Ron's site and the chili mix comes in 1# bags. So you put 2# of chili mix in there..........:shock: How big was that farking pot......:rolleyes:

:mrgreen:

I got individual packs which are meant for two lbs of meat each. 4 OZs per pack. He recently changed his packaging.

If you haven't tried his sauce or his Hint Of Houston rub, I highly recommend those too.

Gotta admit, that really does look mighty tasty, even with the pintos, which is really all right since it is pulled pork chili!
Gonna try some for sure.

Yep. Used a Texas chili mix and put farkin' pork AND pintos in it.:loco:

BUT! At least I didn't go Cincinatti on it.:wacko:

:grin:

That looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo farkin good and this post helped remind me that I have a pak of Big Rons Chili fixn's and some pork ....mmmmmm now I know what to do this week end.

Back