Joining two tents?

smokeyw

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I seem to remember someone here saying there was some type of gutter you could buy and install so that when you attach two 10 x 10 E-Z Up canopies and it rained on them they would not leak where they are attached. Can someone shed some light on this please? I have looked but can't find anything like this.

Take clothespins. Simply take the adjoining edges, fold/roll them together. Then follow along with the pins. Works well and doesn't add anything to your haul.

I take a piece of plastic sheet and cut it 10' long by about 18" wide and clip it to each tent's horizontal braces where the tents join. I used those small colored plastic clamps that come in a tube that you can get at Home Depot or Menards. Just form a U-shape and clamp one end higher than the other to allow it to drain. Just fold it up to store.

I tried the clothes pin idea and it mostly works unless it rains hard, where it will leak just a bit.

We fold/roll the canopy edges together and use clamps to hold them, a bit higher in the middle and sloping downward to the edges.

With heavy rain there'll be some drips, but then again when the rain's that heavy ALL the seams tend to drip a little.

small spring clamps here as well. works fine. Just make sure you get a little slope with it. kieth

That's what I love about this forum. "Ask and ye shall receive". Lots of great ideas. Thanks!

Small blue tarp connected with Zip teies at the gromets.

Back