View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #13
D0ughB0y
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeadeere View Post
Awesome pics and recipe - just in time for duck season out here. I'm going to have to try this out - always have plenty of duck breast and goose around here during the winter - but I've always steered clear of it, because I can't cook it. I fried a duck breast once; once - it tasted worse than liver, more like tar glazed leather.....
The type of bird and their feeding habits really impact the flavor of it also. Diver and swamp feeding ducks are going to taste of it... not so good. Grain and rice ducks are going to be nice.

My neighbor does a lot of hunting. He's usually got enough meat to end up feeding the dogs and the other neighbor's dogs. Sometimes, if he's got a lot of teal, I'll get some and cook 'em up.

A good milk soak overnight seems to cut a lot of the gamey/bitter taste. I've done tons of them and there are two decent sauces that I've found really compliments the birds... one is a honey and fig sauce and the other is a white wine garlic (almost like scampi).

Thanks from:--->