What's your best craigslist score

$20 off of CL Monday night after work. Performer with a ss worktable.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314849483.038870.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314849483.038870.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 375
My 2 best scores were a Coors Light OTS for $20 and a Ducane gasser for 40. The Ducane came with a cover and rotisserie and all of the paperwork from what had been done to the the grill over the years. I felt bad for the guy when I bought it, he had bought the grill new in 86 and the only reason he was selling it was because his wife bought him a new one for his birthday (that he didnt like)

025.jpg

Oh and my future rock crawler project that I picked up for 50 bucks with title :-D

154-1.jpg

Oh, and I am slightly jealous of all of you guys that pick up performers on CL. Nobody here ever has them......

I'm sad. This one was up at 11 am today for 60 (with a broken starter but located just miles from home). I emailed him before 12 and he got back to me at 130 and told me it was sold. I really wanted that performer.

Attachments

• 5W05X15S53ne3k23l0bbfd69b772ce5fa101b.jpg
    5W05X15S53ne3k23l0bbfd69b772ce5fa101b.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 356
XLBGE with nest, two side tables, plate setter, pizza stone, and cover=$250 Had to drive one hour to get it. Best drive ever was on the way home with the egg in the back of the truck:)

Jerry

Got a 22.5'' Weber with no legs for $5. Future UDS components.

Recent CL Scores:

Weber Genesis Silver, good condition $10
Small Kamado Grill Dome, needs a lid repaint $50
Viking "Egg" Retail $3500, got it new for $1450 (Some may think this isn't a deal)

vikingegg.jpg

I got my green performer(with stainless table) for 125.00, got my wsm 18 for 40.00, and my ecb free. Gotta love cl. :-D

What are you guys using to refurbish the Webers??

What are you guys using to clean up the Webers to make them shine like they just came out of the box??? I have a couple I picked up at junk yards that I still have to clean and don't know what to use. Thanks

Craigslist scores have been pretty weak for me. I have one that I can show you after Christmas.

I did find a guy that sells pecan shells in 70 pound bags for $7. Bought 2 bags. The guy has 700 pounds for sale. That's a lot of shells. :shocked:

Craigslist scores have been pretty weak for me. I have one that I can show you after Christmas.

I did find a guy that sells pecan shells in 70 pound bags for $7. Bought 2 bags. The guy has 700 pounds for sale. That's a lot of shells. :shocked:

...look for the Ebook that will be coming out..."How I got rid of 700 pounds of trash, and got others to happily pay me a premium for it"!:becky:

JUST KIDDING. Great score. Wish I could find some for that price around here.

Got a 22.5'' Weber with no legs for $5. Future UDS components.

"No Legs" you could name the new UDS "Lieutenant Dan". I think I'm gonna go with that 1! Thanks Pappy. I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Last nite I found a ECB cabinet smoker for $10 right on my way home from work. Good shape but needs a couple of mods. Might try a pork butt on it after I get back from ice fishing tomorrow.

Last edited:
My Weber OTG was $33 ,,,, but last weekend's new Lime Performer for $40 is my winner!

lime2-1.jpg

I've had a couple:
Brand new in box wsm 18 for 50 dollars (win at a golf tournament, don't need it I have gas). icing on cake-1 mile from my house.

A funny one.
I found a Performer on cl for 150, the thing looks to be in perfect condition (it was). Decent deal there, but it got better. I get to the neighborhood without my gps and get a bit lost. As I am driving around trying to call the guy, I drive by a house. At the head of the drive with a free sign is a ratty old-you guessed it, Weber Performer. Also it has a rotisserie ring! Knock on the door, say thank you, and load it up.
So what to do? I drive to the other guys house and say hi. I tell him the tale. Told him I will still take his but only for 100. Sold. 2 Performers for 100, 1 hasn't been used 10 times. I kept the rotisserie gear and gave the old one to a friend.

the one and only deal I have found, best 50 bucks I spent.

New in the box 22.5 WSM, just missing all the nuts and bolts.

IMG_20110326_113801.jpg

Nice scores! Here are mine:

22" OTS - $10 (twice!)
18" WSM - Model B - $25. Spent twice that on rehabbing her innards.

My all-time best is picking up a Concept 2 Model D Rower http://www.concept2.com/us/indoorrowers/d_home.asp ($950 new) for $25.

Found this 9" Wagner cast iron pot on craigslist for $30.
The lady I bought it from, said it was her mom's and it has been around ever since she could remember. It is at least 60 years old. It took about an hour for me to get it in the shape you see in the pictures below, using a 7" handheld angle grinder with a wire brush. After seasoning it looked like new.

IMG_3635.jpg

BEFORE

IMG_3636.jpg

BEFORE

IMG_3637.jpg

AFTER

IMG_3638.jpg

AFTER

Back