Pork Short Ribs

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Would you ever consider turning in Pork Short Ribs?

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

They would be a challenge to get good Appearance scores, but they do taste very good if you cook em' just right!

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

Do you think the CBJ's would freak out if they saw these in a box?

Those appear to be spares cut down the middle into half-length ribs.
Right?

If so, that is what I plan to do when we attend our last competetion prior to "retiring" from the circuit :-D

Also, chicken livers and gizzards for that catagory, probably 100% pulled brisket and ???? for the pork catagory. Everything legal--just "different".

Gonna have some fun on the way out the door. :-D :-D

TIM

BTW--I would judge those just as cooked and presented.
Would probably be one of the few at the table who did though.

Apparently another "niche cut" like a pork collar. My supplier sells a LOT of these to restaurants. They come in 3 or 4 bone sections and are very popular.

IMG_3372.jpg

Apparently another "niche cut" like a pork collar. My supplier sells a LOT of these to restaurants. They come in 3 or 4 bone sections and are very popular.

but it doesnt say what they are? Are they the cutoffs from the back rib near the end of the loin?

Your getting WAY to much fancy meat out there in the PNW. :cool:

those bones are def. from the lower front half of the rib cage. Appears to be a three bone spare rib that wasn't trimmed tight on top JMO

Also, chicken livers and gizzards for that catagory, probably 100% pulled brisket and ???? for the pork catagory. Everything legal--just "different".

For the pork, just stuff the whole butt in the box, cut into 6ths. Some teams turned in whole butts for the people's choice in Mainely this year. I bet the organizers were thrilled to pull it all themselves. :thumb:

I guess they can cut up anything and call them anything. According to my meat guy he told me that a pork short rib is either cut down spares or part of the shoulder and they call it a short rib for sales. Not the same cut as a beef short rib. Thanks for the info I am gonna try them

Back