Brisket UN-appreciation thread

Can't believe how many people here haven't had amazing brisket. Kinda sad.

If anyone doubts that brisket is king of bbq, next time you are in San Antonio, go to Q on the Riverwalk for dinner. Then come back and post on this thread.

I have had amazing brisket, and it wasn't that good.....King of BBQ :crazy:

How's this? I'd rather have an excellently prepared eggplant Parmesan than brisket.

I'll take this.....

5199984312_6a84e057f3_b.jpg

Over this, any day :thumb:

5130953716_0156ddd924_b.jpg

Groundhog - Is the top a Tri-Tip? If so, you have to send me the recipe. Looks great.

It's funny reading the first few pages of thi thread. I've never had really good brisket, but I know it has to exist. So many people cook it and love it. Maybe one day I'll slice up some flat that makes me want to eat mote than just one or two slices., Now the point is another story! Good stuff there!

I'm gonna have to take a class from the man who came in 4th in brisket at the HLSR. If I can ever get a freakin Saturday off.!!

-Nick via Tapatalk

Ah! You've solved the puzzle! Brisket is zombie meat! Brilliant!!!

So I don't recall having any fantastic brisket flat at the recent Bash, I mist have missed it :heh:

Did you eat any of Marty's pastrami? That was a brisket flat and it was incredible.

And then, a totally different style, you must have missed Matt's brisket flat too

Did you eat any of Marty's pastrami? That was a brisket flat and it was incredible.

That doesn't count, pastrami is no longer a brisket flat...It's pastrami :becky:

And yes, I think I ate at least half of one by myself.....REALLY good :clap2:

there's a lot to be said about a brisket. But it is the holy grail of meats - if you can successfully smoke a brisket - you've really done something. But I prefer a tri-tip too. I saw a triple D show last night that had a brisket tip sandwich, that looked darn good!

There's a hot dog truck here that makes their hot dogs out of brisket. I appreciate the hell out of those. :thumb:

Back