I've been "homered"......!

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I know it probably doesn't matter to anybody but me, but with a hometown win, you wonder how many people think about nepotism and unfair advantage. The only sauce or rub which we use to vend / cater AND compete with is our brisket combo. All of the others are never used in or around Washington Missouri by us, and my brisket was my worst score yesterday at 20th.

Not sure why I felt compelled to post this, but I do feel better.

Jeff , 3 of our 5 GC wins were within 15 minutes of home and for some reason it hasnt bothered us . Enjoy it !

Jeff , 3 of our 5 GC wins were within 15 minutes of home and for some reason it hasnt bothered us . Enjoy it !

Yeah, but it bothers us! :becky: :becky: :becky:

Jeff, did someone bring this up, or are you just looking for things to worry about? :-D Don't sweat it.

Thanks Todd! And congrats Jeff. I would also consider myself a local at this contest and would've been dissatisfied with anything less than how we finished considering the efforts that were put in, and I know you worked your ass off for the win as well, so just enjoy it!

Jeff, I didn't hear anyone murmuring about it. I heard a lot of people excited about it. It's double blind judging. With five other entries on the plate and the randomness of where the judges go you'd have to be shoving your flavors down their throat everyday for weeks to make sure they could absolutely identify yours. I think everyone out there knows your an honest guy and compete only on the up and up. You kicked arse and you earned the big pig! No worries!!!

Great job Jeff and also the Shake N' Bake team this weekend. Hope to see you guys back on the KC side this summer! Awesome job!
Why, so you can whip me arse in Brisket again....:becky:. I suppose I'll be there in October....

Thanks Todd! And congrats Jeff. I would also consider myself a local at this contest and would've been dissatisfied with anything less than how we finished considering the efforts that were put in, and I know you worked your ass off for the win as well, so just enjoy it!
Thanks buddy, I am! Take that killer brisket of yours to Arkansas and kill 'em!!

We won our hometown contest and were accused of donating the most money to the non-profit putting on the contest! If it was that easy I would have donated more!

We won our hometown contest and were accused of donating the most money to the non-profit putting on the contest! If it was that easy I would have donated more!
Amen!! I bet I've practice cooked more this winter than most "local to me" teams cook in a year. I also went to P-Hill and left with some clear direction on tweaks needed. On top of that, the stars and planets aligned for me this weekend. I'll get off my soap-box now. All is well. Thanks guys!!

peoples choice is to be criticed,but the others.......there kcbs judges....again i say there kcbs judges ........good job everyone,this is a kcbs contest good job

Back