Specialty Food Stores

When was the last time you shopped at a specialty food store?

• Never

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Within the past three months

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • Within the last six months

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Within the last twelve months

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

How often do you shop at a specialty food store? This would include places like Restaurant Depot, Penzey's and Whole Foods.

I realize that it's a bit vague, but for the purposes of the poll, if you think it's a specialty food store, then so do I.

Thanks!

Eric

A few times a week at my butcher's place.

Thanks! I appreciate your taking the time to post and participate in the poll. I'm trying to gather data for organizers to include in their sponsor packets when looking for support from potential sponsors.

Eric

RD of course and for those hard to find Spanish/Mexican/Latin ingredients, I like Compare (pronounced Com Par' Ay) Markets.

I have found a Butcher that I really like. A little expensive but really awesome meats and really helpful, nice people

I wouldn't call RD a Specialty Food Store. Whole Foods these days is barely what a Specialty Food Store is. Your local Mexican or Asian markets are specialty food stores. Sprouts might be a specialty food store.

What are Specialty Foods? Specialty food products are foods and beverages that exemplify quality, innovation and style in their category. They are often known for their authenticity, ethnic or cultural origin, commitment to specific processing rules or traditions, superior ingredients, limited supply or extraordinary packaging.

Whole Foods on occasion...:becky:...great cheese selection...:thumb:

Go to the Korean / Asian store about once a month. Usually have a great produce and seafood selection. They don't sell brisket, butts or many things I use for BBQ, but, have lots of other things.

About once every 4 or 5 years, when I'm near one... Podunk don't have Whole
Foods. We were lucky to get WallyWorld.

I would still consider RD a speciality store, in that they have types and quantities of food available that you can't find in mainstream stores. Maybe y'all in Texas can do this, but you will never find a packer cut brisket in a supermarket up here in the frozen north.

It's a regular stop for me.

Only was able to do this on Christmas vacation. In Alaska we don't have a whole food or the such.

Anyone will some big $$$ reading this please build a Whole Foods in Alaska. You would make you $$$ back and some.

I shop at restaurant depot at least 4 times per week.

Whole Foods once a week. My butcher twice a month and one or two different types of ethnic stores once per month.

We shop at Penzey's (spices)...International markets (great seafood, unusual spices we experiments with, and asian hot sauces for out wing recipes)...butcher (perfectly trimed meats...nothing better than being on a first name basis with a butcher) and our local restaurant supplier (everything metal, foil, or paper)

Thats about it for us

Neil

Back