View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #13
Mad About Que
On the road to being a farker

note the he had to say "food grade" there? ha. here's what i was told and it make sense. if you want a big smoker, and have no idea about what you want or the art of cooking in it, go with cheaper to learn on. look on craigslist. people always selling stuff like that. I was looking to have one made and found a guy to do it. old heating oil drums on an axle with some bells and whistles. about $800. figured at that price he was still making some money, so could i build one for $800? lets try and see what i end up with. thats what i did. called a welder buddy... sat down and talked about it..3 days later we had a cooker. now 2 years later, its paid for itself 10 times over, and i'm looking for what I need now. Now that i have some personal experience. lots of cookers out there. even more opinions on which is better idea. i like the idea of the water cookers made by maxifab down in GA. takes the UDS idea and scales it up. great cookers for the $$$. Still gotta feed the lang every hour or two. that always sounds good.. until 4:00am when all the beer drinking friends ain't helping tend the coals no more.. ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Food grade pellets are 100% wood.