Cost of shipping a Smoker??

B

Big H

I live in the Pacific North West and want to purchase a new side pull smoker trailer model..My question.. Could I ship one with a freight company cheaper than just driving and picking it up..from say Texas or Georgia to Oregon?? I just can't find a quality smoker up here..

Not sure what the frieght would cost you.. but if you pick it up yourself take the mileage at the standard govt rate of $0.50 time the mile you plan to drive, add your food and hotel expense, and then add your hourly rate of pay to that - your time no matter when you use it is worht more than nothin....

IMO this should let you know how much frieght is worth.

You might think about that for a minute, one of the members here, Yelonutz went down to get his pit and made it a road trip, took the time to hit some good bbq places along the way. When I hear him talk about it, at least now, he seems to have good memories about it. Just think how welcome you would be showing up pulling a nice new shiny pit.

Shipping for my new Superior Smoker SS-2 (vertical, gravity smoker) was around $400-500 for residential delivery. Had my teammate not also gotten one, I probably would have had it shipped, but between them, was a grand to have both shipped. I travel a lot for work so burned hotel points going and coming back, probably spent $300-400 in gas and food (wife was with me) and 30 hours driving from Kansas City to Macon, GA.

If you're looking at the big makers (Klose, Lang, etc.) they'll be able to provide you with a pretty accurate quote in a hurry and help you in deciding.

Back