Funk's Pig Honey Hot and Fast Rib Heaven.

Ribs look outstanding, as I am a no sauce person other than maybe dipping. Along with papa payne, is that a potato salad in the center of the plate and if so, would you post the recipe?

Ribs look outstanding, as I am a no sauce person other than maybe dipping. Along with papa payne, is that a potato salad in the center of the plate and if so, would you post the recipe?

That's Mrs Leanza's salad with some of Plowboy's Yardbird sprinkled on it. I will ask her to devulge the recipe and will post it.

First time trying Barbefunkoramaque's Hot an Fast Weep and Pig Honey Ribs. There's a lot to be said about this high heat approach. I'm thinking Funk was trying to send the traditional Texas message here and what you get is a great rib as compared to the foiled 3-2-1 rib that you smother in sauce.

Pulled out the offset and went at it. The taste and texture is wonderful when you follow the Funks layered spice approach. I went with Hit Me Fred, Atomic Dog Sprinkle and Butt Glitter.

This rib was amazing. Any sauce would have destroyed the texture (bark) and taste that you get when you combine those spices and that heat level.

This was my first attempt and I'm going back. I really enjoyed NO SAUCE!

These look like Angelos (Ft Worth) Ribs! What equipment did you use?

The one thing I often hate about these ribs is when I cook a lot and for whatever reason no one is around when I pull them off. They are always best right off the smoker.

another question - were they easy? Did you liek the affect fo shutting them down right after they weep (this depends on your equipment whether you can do this or not)

Back