View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #22
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
But then most boxes would be DQ'd since they put a mound of pork in the center. Not distinguishable portions just a mound and no DQ. Is that really any different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Shhhh you'll blow my cover. I'm incognito.
Sorry Skip, I know it's you (and I'm going to tell Julie on you!!!)...

5) A score of one (1) is a disqualification and requires
approval by a Contest Rep. Grounds for disqualification:
All judges will give a one (1) in Appearance for
unapproved garnish, pooled sauce or less than 6 samples
of meat. All judges will give a one (1) in all criteria for
sculptured meat, a marked turn-in container, foreign
object in the container, incorrect meat. All judges not
receiving a sample will give a one (1) in all criteria.

Actually a 'pile' of pulled pork would be a DQ as well if it was all stuck together and gravity didn't allow it to pull apart.

Based on the CBJ class that I took, if two pieces of brisket are not sliced completly through they should be concidered as one and if there is not enough in the box for each judge to have some it's a DQ. The same holds true for ribs to the point where the BOD stated that there must be 'at least 6 disernable servings (cut ribs)'. Now if you take this forward to your single chunk of meat I feel it would be DQ'd based on the following:

1) While there may be enough meat you can not assume that it is cut and therefore only a single serving where with a pile of pulled pork you can see that there are more than 6 servings. Remember, the BOD did not define the size of a serving.

2) Once the first judge picked up his/her portion (remember no shaking now) there would not be anything left for the other judges...

Nice try 'Skippy', but it didn't work... Now I have to call Julie (and you are in SOOOOOO much trouble!!!!)
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote