BBQ in Panama

P

panamareg

I live in the Highlands in Panama.
At present I have been working at my business in the USA and returning home to the wife and kids in Panama about 8 times a year.
We are about to have a new baby girl. I am likely to decide to stay there at home in Panama.
When down there in Panama, I always put on open BBQ's at the house. I have been very good through my life at cooking in general and BBQ and grill in specific. I have built my own grills, smokers and BBQ's and use them.

I find that there is a shortage of BBQ (plenty of good grill though) in Panama while having a very high demand.

I plan on taking the BBQ to a professional level. My plan entails a land based smoker BBQ at my finca, and a mobile set up for ferias (fairs/festivals) there are fiestas somewhere close every week (Panamanians really love their party) so my plan is to take the thing mobile as I feel like.

In a nutshell I am looking for ideas and input on the mobile side of things. I will be wanting to try to limit the amount of transport to what I can haul in and behid with my 150 HP diesel Nissan Frontier, at least initially until I get a larger capacity set up.
Any helpful input will be appreciated.

By the way if anyone here is heading to Panama, feel free to give me a PM/call. I have a large place with a fantastic view in Volcan Panama.

Build yourself a rig that can grill and smoke.

2hcnxiu.jpg

1zdsl6x.jpg

Mine is almost as light as I can get it and I tow with a 4 banger most of the time.

Back