Contest forthcoming on Jersey Shore

S

Smokeneyes

Inagural Keansburg Fire Co#1 Smoke Condition Cook-off
May 2008 watch for details

Will it be close to a dock? I can take my boat there. What categories?

Wow Keansburg. Has that place seen a revival? Use to take my kids there during daylight hrs 15 years ago to play skeeball and the boardwalk games. Seemed pretty run down then. My inlaws live about 20 mi away.

The physical adress will more than likely be the corner of Beachway and Main Street. And yes there has been an upward trend in town. The boardwalk has a "Timeless" charm to it (yeah I know like an ugly chick has a nice personality). Seriously the town has seen improvement and we are heading in the right direction, I hope the contest will keep it moving along.

i hope its not the same weekend as yeardley. i would love to have another local comp to do

Anyone have any solid dates for may 2008. I am going to the Borough for a premise request and I need to firm a date. Does anyone know if there are any contests in the NJ area in May and if so what are the dates?

Not in Jersey, but BBQ on the Farm in Yardley, PA was 5/19-20. I think there was one in MD that same weekend too. The following weekend (Memorial Day weekend) had a contest in CT.

Might want to check the KCBS contest schedule for others..

http://www.kcbs.us/search.jsp

Good Luck and keep us posted as things unfold.

90% sure of this

May 17, 2008 Keansburg Fire Company #1 Smoke Condition Cook off
more to follow

Not in Jersey, but BBQ on the Farm in Yardley, PA was 5/19-20. I think there was one in MD that same weekend too. The following weekend (Memorial Day weekend) had a contest in CT.

Might want to check the KCBS contest schedule for others..

http://www.kcbs.us/search.jsp

Good Luck and keep us posted as things unfold.

Vinny..the Maryland contest on the same weekend (5/19-5/20)was in Landover. ( Beltway BBQ ) That contest has been changed to 6/6 & 6/7/2008 per the contest organizer.

Ok East Coast People
Sat May 17, 2008
Inagural "Smoke Showing" Keansburg Fire Co #1 cook off details to follow.

I am in contact with KCBS for sanctioning. I am hoping to nail all the details by December. The date seems to be good.

ok after debate and some begging.
May 17, 2008
Keansburg Fire Co #1
"Smoke Condition" cook off
Ribs Chicken anything but dessert
$100 dollar entry fee covers all three catagories
available by email to kfdbadge20@aol.com

Back