"SHOW ME YOU PIT$$$" Really.. lets see em

That a home built setup Gator? Love the clamps that hold the lids super tight. Bet you lose no heat and smoke there.

Thanks for the compliment . This is my pride and joy . The tank is 30" diameter x 84" long . My fire box is 25"x18"x18" . The fire box and the reverse flow plate inside is all 1/4" steel . Which I had purchased at our local scrape metal place. I had bought a wire feed ( flux core ) wire welder . I bought the welder at harbor frieght for under $100 . But when I got to welding the reverse flow plate inside the welder broke . I then went and spent the money for a Hobart welder . It was well worth the money . I should have bought the Hobart in the begining . The wire welders are easy to use and you get better as you weld more . I have 2 levels of shelves which pull out . I will be mounting on a trailer next week .

Thanks so much for replying! Appreciate the insight.

Mine are kind of spread out around the farm.

This is one cooking area... with the Memphis Pro pellet cooker, home made UDS, Hasty Bake, Sterling Forge gasser...

019-1.jpg

my old home made drum...

31c4ffde-1.jpg

my awesome BPS stainless..

5bfcaea8.jpg

underground pit...

072-1.jpg

159-1.jpg

Cinderblock pit...

607ebc22.jpg

50ff9919-1.jpg

my horizontal wood burner...

021-3.jpg

my smokehouse...

3ce1955a-1.jpg

ed1125f3-1.jpg

tractor rim...

7323dbaa.jpg

dc5b6d1f.jpg

92579d32.jpg

have a few more but can't find the pics right now.

I'd post a picture of my mine, but it's on the other computer. It is a standard 48" offset pipe pit a guy in Houston made for me about 20 years ago. It has served well. That said, Pitmaker called this afternoon and said the finishing touches and paint are going on my Long Rifle Sniper, so next weekend (not this weekend, dern it) I am making the trek from Kentucky to Houston to pick it up. If this thread is still going, I'll post pics then......

no its not powder coat was told powder coat would not hold up to high temps just 2000 degree high temp paint in a spray bomb with high temp clear coat

That is way too cool :grin:.
Tell us a little about it
I built this & for a brand we are just calling it "Rockin W", I finished it last summer getting the paint on @ 6am on the day of our state championship cookoff. After cooking 10 times and 2 comps I have made a few adjustments to fine tune it now cooks great with no issues. The last 2 cooks were last week with one @ -38 & last weekends comp @ -18 degrees it will keep even temps all day. I have had a few cooks in the rain with the pit only dropping 5 degrees. I think it is only lacking a proper paint job that I hope to get to in the next few weeks if I don't go out of state for work. It is a standard insulated offset based on a nascar pit cart even using the same steering components. Of course it rolls easy with one person as long as you are on a flat hard surface thanks to the 12" golf cart wheels with low profile tires. Also added a tow bar to attach it to the 4 wheeler to make it easier to load into the enclosed trailer by myself. I did not want to worry about cooking space so I built it with 2450 sq in of cooking surface & a 30"x30" oven. The doors under the cooking chamber are just storage for my wood & tow bar. Last weekend I let everyone at the cookoff know it is for sale, if it sales I will build another one. This would make a great catering pit for someone. By the way did I mention it makes perfect pizzas in the oven!
pizza%25281%2529.jpg
2098.JPG
IMG_6824.JPG
IMG_6825.JPG
2090.JPG

Back