Broke in the drum

bowhnter

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
I still have a couple things to do yet, like a handle for the lid, and install teh thermometer, and fix my lid (I can't get it to fit tight yet)

I wasn't going to cook an Saturday, but since I found the $.97 choice briskets, when I woke up, I thought why not!

After resting, No foil during the cook, fat side down...

Turned out pretty good, made brisket pizza

Sunday, some Burnt Ends while the ribs were on....

3 hrs in, turned and basted w/ apple juice.

Fire up the 3rd grill for the stuffed mushrooms and bread...

2 of the 3 racks done.

Cracked wheat bread w/ olive oil and Parmesan, half with thyme, rosemary, garlic, S&P.
Forgot to take pictures of the mushrooms, by then I was pretty busy timing wise.

Beer can chicken off the WSM, no pan, drum style.

Hope you had enough to eat yesterday!

We have enough for all week now!

Notice any difference in taste? My drum is slightly out of round so I seal with band clamp.

I did notice a difference, it had a lot more smoke. I usually save my leftover coals and use next time, but not sure I want to do that with these all grease soaked.

I used the band too, but that is a pita...I need to get the lid fixed and another way to route my probes. The temp really spikes up when removing the lid I see, especially when I am messing with wires and clamps!

bowhntr, I just drilled a small hole slightly above grill level to run my probes through. It doesn't seem to be big enough to affect airflow. Nice job on the eats...

That was so much food that I don't think I am hungry anymore. Nice job!!
Here is an easy fix for the probes, or just drill a quarter inch hole and leave naykid. Oops, I put a piece of engine gasket between the barrel and the plate. Kinda keeps it sealed.

Attachments

• UDS Remote Thermo Mod 1.JPG
    UDS Remote Thermo Mod 1.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 59
  • UDS Remote Thermo Mod 2.JPG
    UDS Remote Thermo Mod 2.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 58
Sounds like you enjoyed the Drum

Food looks real good

If you need you can send some leftovers this way

That was so much food that I don't think I am hungry anymore. Nice job!!
Here is an easy fix for the probes, or just drill a quarter inch hole and leave naykid. Oops, I put a piece of engine gasket between the barrel and the plate. Kinda keeps it sealed.

El cheapo magnetic strips work well also...:biggrin:

Thanks all! I had some tarp eyelets, but they were too small for the probes. Looks like a couple good ideas Meat and JD.

Back