View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce51 View Post
I am in the beginning stages of building a BBQ Concession/Catering trailer. I am building one styled after the Southern Yankee BBQ Shack trailers. The trailer I have is a 14' long (I may extend it a bit and move the axles not too sure yet) The split up I'm thinking is 5' for the smoker open area and 9' for the enclosed kitchen area. I'm planning to build my own smoker/cooker but not sure what size to go with. I'm leaning toward using a 120 gallon compressor tank (74"L and 29"D) with an offset firebox reverse flow design. Do you guys think the 120 gallon tank will be too small?? That 2146 sq cooking area on 1 shelf and slightly less on the upper shelf so with 2 cook shelves in it thats around 4000 sq cooking area. (top shelf removable so I can still roast a pig as well.) Looking at doing a few local Festivals and also Catering.
First step is to contact your health department so see if this plan is even legal. The proposed setup wouldn't even get past hello in Minnesota for serving to the general public.

The Beast: 500 Gallon Homemade Reverse Flow
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187401[/url]
Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2
speers90 is offline   Reply With Quote