Aluminum Foil Steam Pans

markgerickson

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been having issues transporting food in an aluminum foil pans in my cambro carrier. The weight of the food in the pans is causing the pans to sink down and not stay in place. I have tried double panning them a few time and had a bit more success. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
Sheet pans all the way. The alum. hard lids help make a more sturdy container also. Steve.

Are the aluminum pans from a restaurant supply store better than the ones that come from, say, Wal*mart, or do you still need the half-sheets? Thanks!

Half sheet pans from Sam's, Costco, GFS, RD, are the way to go. Other regular department type store pans are not usually the right size nor are they as heavy duty. I use Sam's and find the two pack priced right.

For a couple years, every gig we did we invested in stainless 4" deep half pans that they sell in a two pack at Sam's. They fit in the cambro and won't collapse. Now pretty much the only time we use disposable is for sending leftovers home. Make sure to wrap the outside of the pan with foil if you are going to cook in your smoker with it.

Back