American Royal (sites and packettes)

VA BBQ PIRATES

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just got our team pack in the mail:-D We are in space 945 stop by and say hi. This is our first time and we can't wait. We can pre-order ribs & butts from Farmland Foods. Any one have any experience do that? Or should I just bring it since I'm bring my brisket & chicken anyway

Thanks,
Tom

We got our packet today as well........Looks like we got a fair share of reading to do!
This will be our first year as well........if they don't change the location numbering on the map, I think we may have a pretty good space (watch it be one that all the water runs to if it rains...LOL)
We are in site 813..........Miller Lite products only.....and maybe a margarita or 4.....
Look for the Brethren banner.....see you there!

We got our packet today as well........Looks like we got a fair share of reading to do!
This will be our first year as well........if they don't change the location numbering on the map, I think we may have a pretty good space (watch it be one that all the water runs to if it rains...LOL)
We are in site 813..........Miller Lite products only.....and maybe a margarita or 4.....
Look for the Brethren banner.....see you there!

You know what I'll be stopping by for!

Boondoggle is in space 417 so when you make it to the dark side, stop on in.

Did anyone's packet include a map? I have last year's but they seem to always be a little different from year to year.

Holy cow ... anyone read the sheet dealing with the fire codes?

- 200 sq feet (or more) tents and 400 sq feet canopies require fire permits
- No smoking signs should be posted in all tents, canopies and concession stands
- Hay storage must be a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- Automotive parking must be a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- Generators a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- The minimum distance between tents should be no loess than 10 feet.

WTF? So everyone needs to set canopy/tents up 5 feet away from the lines and I need a permit to put up my carport if I drop the sides? Damn neer gotta get a G spot in order to comply if you have a tent or canopy.

Good luck enforcing that.

Yeah, these are pretty stiff rules. I think they are the same as last year though. I see that Don is selling his pit. What did he buy, an FE?

Did anyone's packet include a map? I have last year's but they seem to always be a little different from year to year.

Holy cow ... anyone read the sheet dealing with the fire codes?

- 200 sq feet (or more) tents and 400 sq feet canopies require fire permits
- No smoking signs should be posted in all tents, canopies and concession stands
- Hay storage must be a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- Automotive parking must be a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- Generators a minimum of 20 feet from all tents and canopies
- The minimum distance between tents should be no loess than 10 feet.

WTF? So everyone needs to set canopy/tents up 5 feet away from the lines and I need a permit to put up my carport if I drop the sides? Damn neer gotta get a G spot in order to comply if you have a tent or canopy.

Good luck enforcing that.

Hi John, Don't think we've met, we will. I'm your new neighbor in 917. There goes the neighborhood :-D I don't think anyone will bother your stuff from my camp, unless one of the boondoggle boys stops by.:wink:

Getting excited, only a few more weeks. We'll be in Dubuque at the Throwdown this week too.

We will be moving to 919. Hope no one steals my brisket.

Don't worry about all the fire code rules. The only one that they are interested in enforcing is the one for the $75.00 permit. Thanks Kansas City for making us feel welcome. If I sound a little bitter, it's because I AM!

When they come around looking for their money, DON'T PAY WITH CASH!
Tell them to leave you a form & you'll be happy to send them a check on Monday. They tend to lose intrest after they find out they're not getting extortion money.

We're in 876... swing by for a Harpoon or two.

Just opened my packet. We're in 882. Come by and say hey and have a cold one.

Back