Must have done something right

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Got a phone call yesterday afternoon asking if I was the guy was who cooked the pulled pork for this graduation party he attended on Sunday. When I told him he had the right guy he aked if I would be able to provide pulled pork for his son's graduation party this comming Saturday. He said he was a big fan of this BBQ joint in town and was planning on getting the pulled pork from there until he tasted the stuff I prepared!:biggrin: Not sure what the joint charges but I gave him a price of $15/lb. and he wants 16 #'s. I need to find a liscensed kitchen to work out of so I can advertise. The word of mouth is great but if I'm ever going to make the proper investments so I can do large party's I'll need that kitchen. Last week I got a call from an attendee at another graduation party I cooked for and she wanted me to cook pulled pork, beans, slaw, and corn on the cob for 400!! I think I might have a hard time doing that on 3 drums, a WSM, Bandera, etc.,(see sig line) not to mention it would be on the same day as my last final exam of the semester. I'm going to have to turn that one down.

Sounds like you need the MOAB. How about just doing it in several cooks, then reheating? I just pulled some pulled pork that I had in a ziplock in the freezer for gosh knows how long, zapped it in the micro and it was just as good as fresh off the pit. My .02 MMV

Better yet, buy Jay's Team Q Battle Wagon, and you'll be all set.

Sounds like you need the MOAB. How about just doing it in several cooks, then reheating? I just pulled some pulled pork that I had in a ziplock in the freezer for gosh knows how long, zapped it in the micro and it was just as good as fresh off the pit. My .02 MMV

Better yet, buy Jay's Team Q Battle Wagon, and you'll be all set.

When you get tired of the MOAB you can send it up north for awhile!:biggrin:

When you get tired of the MOAB you can send it up north for awhile!:biggrin:

That would do the job with ease. Phil is kicking himself right now. He needs her too for a couple of parties.

Back