View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #30
chinesebob
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-n-my-i's View Post
Had to go to the doctor's the other day....

No more coffee, chocolate, tomatoes, spicy foods, fatty foods, etc.....in other words, nothing that is good.

I am on medicine for 30 days. Then go back to see if I am better. If not, they will schedule a visit to have the scope down the throat to see how bad it is. Hiatal hernia......and a sinus infection to boot.

Well, I have to have my coffee, I can cut back some on my eats, but I will not cut out my Q......

I will see how the meds do, and go from there. From what I read on Mayo Clinics website, I am not in the minor stage....more like the advanced stage... so I am trying to get my mind set on possible surgery if the meds don't do it. Will see.

This could be worse than allergic to pork....
What escalated this? Reflux?
My migraine diet was - nothing with any kind of nitrates. That means no chocolate, coffee, soda, canned food, pizza, pork, beef, margarine(which I think is evil), nuts, prepared food, etc. I lost over 30# in one month that way. It was pure hell. Though my cardio got a lot better which improved other things that my Mrs didn't seem to mind.....

Scope down the throat isn't that bad. A lot of times they give you versed(sp?). it's the other end you'll dread...

Good luck. You'll pull through this like it was a walk in the park.