I'm a meat junkie...

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Are you like me and just get excited when you find that perfect two pack of pork butts or the perfect "chocolate cake" brisket?

This week, I've been to Sam's Club four times looking through butts, ribs, and briskets. I've got three briskets and two pork butts that I'm just jazzed about for this weekend. My two pack of butts weight 19.56 lbs and look beautiful!! I found a CAB whole brisket tonight that is 2 inches thick in the thinnest part of the flat. The thickest part of the flat is 3 1/2 inches. The best part was the $1.49 price.

Granted, I'll totally screw up these prized cuts this weekend, but I love the hunting and gathering process. Its like I've already won when you find exactly what you are looking for.

I guess I need to mature and find the butcher who will cut me exactly what I want each time. For now, Sam's Club and our sponsor Alewel's is serving our needs just fine. Seeing CAB a lot more often at the KC area Sam's. :eusa_clap

I won't see my pork til tonight when I get to Ankeny. Came to work early to avoid rush hours both ways so I can leave directly from work. I hope to pull the Boonhaugler out of the parking lot at about 2:30 this afternoon and make it to Ankeny by 7:00. I'll be taking my time, no need to hit Des Moines during rush hour.

I wish Costco had these prices. I have a local guy that has great meats but at a higher price.

Which Sams do you shop at Todd?

I love finding good meat to work with. Sometimes I get frustrated because it's more difficult than it ought to be to get good beef, pork, and poultry when we're surrounded by so many farms and processing plants. Finding a good brisket is almost as hard as finding good curley parsley in this town.

Which Sams do you shop at Todd?

I love finding good meat to work with. Sometimes I get frustrated because it's more difficult than it ought to be to get good beef, pork, and poultry when we're surrounded by so many farms and processing plants. Finding a good brisket is almost as hard as finding good curley parsley in this town.

Parsley = Price Chopper, South Blue Springs - $.59 a bunch
Parsley = Grow your own like Diva.

I go to Sam's at 95th and 135th in OP and Sam's in Independence. Most days there is nothing and then BLAMO!!!!

Happy for you score Todd. Good luck with it.

I got 2 9 lb'ers. Looking forward to cooking them.. I'll post pics after the contest tomorrow,.... or maybe sunday if I'm too tired.

Hey Bobby...I'm about 10min. North of ya. What time you heading to SC?

Back