Sunday Night Beef Back Ribs (pron)

alfredbot9000

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Had been wanting to try some beef back ribs and saw some that looked pretty good and meaty so I picked them up. Thew on a base coat of SM Season All with a good coating of SM Cherry on top.

image-2_zps9c29ffe5.jpeg

image-3_zps7f2a2729.jpeg

Smoked them on the mini WSM around 275 (that thing sat like a rock for the entire cook...always amazed by that little smoker) with two small chunks of pecan and a chunk of hickory. I checked at two hours (thats when I took a picture) and they were looking amazing.

image-7_zps73c39292.jpeg

image-6_zps09eaf280.jpeg

I had planned on doing a cook similar to spares (275 for 3 hours with a foil for 30 and then start checking for doneness and a saucing), when I checked at the 3 hour mark that were toothpick tender, had great color, and tons of pullback so I sauced and threw them back on for 30 minutes to set the sauce.

Amazing. (sorry for the blurry plate shots)

image_zps04cd3399.jpeg

image-5_zps7b40c861.jpeg

I do lots of pork ribs but that does it, I gots me a hankering for some beef ribs.

Where did you get such meaty ribs?

Great color too

Got them from a store in the So Cal area called Sprouts. They have the normal meatless back ribs that everyone is used to seeing, but every now and again they trim up a prime rib roast for people and throw a few pair of really meaty fresh cut back ribs in the counter and I snagged these.

Why anyone wouldn't want the bones on a prime rib...not even to roast on is beyond me but I took all they had which was 4 bones worth.

My butcher always has the ones that do NOT have the meat cut out of them. Just tossed two of them on.

Beef ribs are my favorite too. Yours look excellent!!

Beef ribs are my favorite and those look slammin' good, so meaty. My Smoky Joe is envious and wants to be a mini-wsm, I have to make that for him.

Excellent looking ribs, I love the flavor of beef ribs:)

Sent from my mobile cellular telephone using Tapatalk 2

Back