Images from Camp Parks Troop Feed

Nice job in getting everything in place and feeding such a large group. I see a lot of happy faces in the photos, and I can tell from the pictures that you guys were throwin' down some good eats. Well done!

John, I have been waiting for your pictures and knew they would be awesome. Thanks so much. You did not disappoint. You captured it all. Awesome!

Hey guys this is absolutely awesome. Thanks for doing this for those that serve us!

If I could ask, what was the meat/person ratio that was purchased for this group? Am probably going to try a large cook for our church next year and am starting to sketch out ideas for what it would take.

If I could ask, what was the meat/person ratio that was purchased for this group? Am probably going to try a large cook for our church next year and am starting to sketch out ideas for what it would take.
Tri tip = 1/4 lb per person, pulled pork = 15-20 people per butt, chicken breast split in half, but only cook enough for 75% of the people, mac & cheese = 25 servings per 1/2 steam tray, beans = 40 people per #10 can, but this was a very doctored up recipe with a lot of extra goodies thrown in, so if you are using beans right out of the can, you might want to reduce it to 30 people per #10 can, and we did Caesar salad, which was 14 Costco bags of romaine hearts. You can figure 20 servings per on package of the romaine hearts. Hope this helps.

Those numbers were spot on. We had a number of no-shows, maybe 75 or so. Thus we had some leftover, but, that is okay, you never want to run out. And I did end up inviting some other folks over to eat with us, such as the party next door and some of the soldiers in the admin office. The XO asked if he could call them in, and it made sense to do just that.

Back