Double Barrel Ugly Drum Smoker! Build Pics

Here is a pic showing the log lighter working. I put an webber automatic ignition on it as well but its the one thing I'm having problems with. Seems to work intermitantly. I will figure it out soon enough.:-D AND TRYING TO GET STUFF OFF OF FIREBOX FAST! LMFAO!

Attachments

• 8-23-12 phone pics (jims Phone) 325.jpg
    8-23-12 phone pics (jims Phone) 325.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 429
Very very nice love that you can control the whole thing. You said you woul make changes. What are they. Looks great.

very impressive. I didnt know what I was going to find opening a thread on a double barrel uds

Absolutely love it! That is a great build. I always had trouble with those ignitors. Finally dropped the money for a broilmaster push button ignitor that works off a battery. The thing has lasted for years and always lights. Can you show pics of the tuning plates and reverse flow setup?

Sorry wanted to know what you would do differently? That is a very interesting build. Do you still love it?

I've always kind of wanted to build a double barrel setup. But my thoughts didn't look nearly that good. That's a very nice setup you have.

Thanks guys. Yes I do still love it. I just did a pretty big cook on it yesterday. 12 racks BB ribs 2- briskits 2- shoulders. Came out great! I lost my phone and wasn't able to get any pics. I really wanted to post them. As for what changes I would make: I would have made the smoke stacks 12" longer, I would have made a heat defuser for the opening at the end of the reverse flow plates to soften the heat at that point in smoke chamber( anything directly over that opening on bottom rack will burn. Its a small area though only about 5" wide). I will more than likely make these adjustments to this smoker in the near future. I will post a pic of the tuning plates when I get a new phone/camera.

WOW! im not gunna lie, the first few pictures i though it was going to be cheaply built but dang! you proved that wrong! great build! If i had a practical use for one id be all over that design, great job!

Wow!!! Great looking build! I wish I had something like that.:eusa_clap

Great build, huge props.

Glad yesterday's cook turned out well.

Thanks for the info. Great build I think me has to have 1. Tell you this build has covinced me to buy a welder and momma said yes. :D so I'll keep you posted. Might have to pm though. If you don't mind me bugging you. Did you use grill calculater or wing it?

The versatility of cooking on one or two sides is very appealing. Thanks a ton for posting!

Man that is one hell of a pit. Congrats she is a beauty.

Back