edwardsville il ????????????

B

beam boys bbq

does any one know much about this contest:rolleyes:

just got the app an wondering who was going

york

I'll be there

I'm assuming you are talking about the Edwardsville BBQ Bash being put on by Doc/Susan Richardson. I've become pretty good friends with them over the past few years. It is a first year contest and Doc and Susan are doing all they can to make it an enjoyable event for the teams. The City actually approached them wanting to put on a contest. The park they have this year isn't the "BEST" but I've competed in worse locations. The spots will be plenty big and I am pretty sure they are limiting the teams to around 30.

York,
they will be at my contest too. You can meet them there. For that matter so will ammore.

I got to meet them last weekend in Nashville. I'm going, that's where I was born. I know Quau is coming down too. They were saying only 30 teams. So it might fill up fast.

Good folks.

Got the email invite. We're doing Steelville instead in May, might judge though.

They (Doc and Susan) came down to Golden City Mo. last year to help with that contest. The contest was a huge success, and you probably won't meet nicer people. If it were closer we would be in for sure.

Good Luck.

I got an invite to judge. I think it is the same weekend of another event we are doing.

Hey All, Doc here

Ok, heard all you mugs were talking about me here, so now I had to join another board!:biggrin: (heck of a way to start intros eh?)

This contest was the brainstorm of the city, I would like to see it being an annual event. My hands were tied with locations this year to one of the smaller parks. Hopefully next year the 40 acres area will be open for more activities. (Had to call Eric Clapton and Toby Keith and tell them I dont have roon for em) Maybe next year :wink:

Our event will have 2 main objectives, First to have a quality event for the cooks (no cooks=no event, we want you back next year)
Second to raise money for childrens and family charities.

Anyway, glad to meet you all! and see you in Eville!

Back