View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 12:11 AM   #1
lionhrt
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Redneck build from CL

I have a buddy that jokingly calls me a redneck because I live upriver in the country, he had gotten a free air compressor off of Craigslist thinking he could get it running. I came over and he was giving up on it and said the motor was shot and I jokingly said we should make a smoker out of it. He asked what all was needed and I was going over what would be needed and when I left I had forgotten about our conversation. To my surprise I came over to visit and he had picked up a second small compressor and an old BBQ off of craigslist also free and had stripped all the hardware off the old bbq grill and started a build. He said he was building me a free redneck smoker. Here is the start of it.

I was sort of shocked and laughing at the same time. He said he even make a deal from stuff he was selling on craigslist he got a guy to throw in a small trailer in one of the deals and was going to mount it on that. I was sort of taken back by that. He said I had to cook up some of my beans and some killer bbq for the smoker. The next time I had days off I went over to see If I could help with anything and this is what I found.

I was totally shocked when I saw this, Mind you at this point not one dime has been spent on this it was free stuff off craigslist, stuff he had laying around and trades. At this point I told him since he was building it for me I would pay for the metal to go around the doors and the new tires and trailer jack as he was having a hard time finding them for nothing. I think it is great a basically free smoker but even better having such good friends who really appreciate your BBQ. of course this might be a hint from him as I used to have 2 or 3 BBQ`s a month and invite him and his family but with work and health I only had 2 or 3 in about a year and a half.

Thanks from: --->