• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Spam prep?

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have some spam I bought for the smoker, and need to know if I need to prep it in someway with seasoning, sauces, or just go naked? I am thinking naked.
Dave

I cross cut mine, kinda like you would do on a ham. but don't cut to deep. I also put some kind of rub on it. so just use what you like but not to heavy. might take a fer tries to find what you like. I like pecan for smoke. I cook mine to an internal temp of 155-165. now yer ready to eat !

If you will brine in for about 3 hours it will be much more tender and juicy. Also it works better when smoked hot 'n fast. Cherry wood gives it a special taste in my opinion. I give mine the "nibble test" to ascertain when it is done. Remember, "no pics, it didn't happen".

Blessings,
Omar

if you will brine in for about 3 hours it will be much more tender and juicy. Also it works better when smoked hot 'n fast. Cherry wood gives it a special taste in my opinion. I give mine the "nibble test" to ascertain when it is done. Remember, "no pics, it didn't happen".

Blessings,
omar

^ +1 .. Lol

I don't think I have ever seen this question asked before. If all else escapes you, I suggest bacon wrap

If you will brine in for about 3 hours it will be much more tender and juicy. Also it works better when smoked hot 'n fast. Cherry wood gives it a special taste in my opinion. I give mine the "nibble test" to ascertain when it is done. Remember, "no pics, it didn't happen".

Blessings,
Omar

I plan on sticking a chicken bone in the middle, so I can give it a wiggle test when I think its done. :roll:
Dave

I don't think I have ever seen this question asked before. If all else escapes you, I suggest bacon wrap

Well thanks, now everyone will want to try it, and we all know what that means, the price of bacon, and spam will sky rocket, because of the increased demand. :mad:
Dave

:becky:

Well thanks, now everyone will want to try it, and we all know what that means, the price of bacon, and spam will sky rocket, because of the increased demand. :mad:
Dave

:becky:

i don't se a big demand for spam

Back