OMG!!!! Stellar!!!!

IMG_0592.jpg

Gee, I haven't made meatballs in a long time. Gore's side of the family used to keep us supplied but we haven't been to visit as often, so we've been doing without. I used to make these Pasta Pie's that were sort of popular back in the day, and this got me to thinking....The first step is making some meatballs. I used a pork-beef combination and added breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, etc.

IMG_4319.jpg

Also mixed some finely chopped onion and nuked them with a bit of chicken base and water to add to the mixture. A tip from Gore's Italian Gramma.

IMG_4320.jpg

Normally, I would brown the meatballs before roasting them, but I need these to have a tender exterior, so they just went on a cookie sheet and into my Primo. Here they're about halfway done.

IMG_4321.jpg

While these cooked, I made some spaghetti, then mixed together ricotta, a couple eggs, parsley, garlic powder, mozzarella and more cheese

IMG_4322.jpg

I stirred this into the spaghetti and added a fair amount of cream to make it moist enough not to mention heart-friendly and meatballs:

IMG_4323.jpg

I mixed this all up and put it into a springform pan, covered with mozzarella and into the Oval for about an hour

IMG_4324.jpg

Removing it,

IMG_4325.jpg

I served this with sauce and Parmesan, and some extra meatballs:

IMG_4361.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Wow, ecode. What an incredibly creative dish. No way that has aver been done before. And it looks fantastic. The richness and density. Has anyone eaten more than one slice? I think I would need a nap after a half a slice. :thumb:

Killer entry. :clap2:

CD

I had some great meatball recipes from both of my grammas. I was even thinking about stuffing them with cheese or making a meatball sandwich, but then we were attacked by a Zombie. I think there's a bit of that going around here. Luckily Ninja and I managed to fight him off and decapitate him. Now my grammas lived during the depression and they always taught me to make do with what you have. I couldn't let that meat go to waste, so I went through their recipe cards and lookie what I found!

IMG_4417.jpg

I decided to give it a try. It was a bit gruesome and all, so I'm not going to show the pictures. I followed the recipe as best I could and smoked it on the Oval. It took a bit over an hour at 325*. Despite what you might be thinking, there's some good eatin' on Zombie. I've heard it's the other red meat. I paired this with a red wine. And here's how it looked:

IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

To our surprise, as we were taking pictures, the head started showing signs of life. Luckily Ninja was there to save the day. He gave a quick chop:

IMG_4412.jpg

and then finished him off with a fatal jab:

IMG_4400.jpg

Chris, I have no idea if any of these are appropriate.

I want to see some GORE! Where's the after shot of the head after slicing it?:confused:

That is the most amazingly creative thing I think I have seen before. Which is hard to say considering the other things you have entered.

That is just so wrong on so many levels. :tsk:

So, what did it taste like? :becky:

CD

I want to see some GORE! Where's the after shot of the head after slicing it?:confused:

We sliced it up and put it away so as not to freak out the kids. I'm still a bit hesitant, but Ninja gave it a sample

IMG_4420.jpg

and seems none the worse for it.

IMG_4421.jpg

So, what did it taste like? :becky:

Tastes like Victory, Baby! :thumb:

OMG, I was thinking of entering this TD tomorrow but I just remembered that the deadline is tonight... :doh: CHIT!

Not like I had a chance with these entries!

*sigh* Oh well. :mad2::tsk:

This is crazy! Im blown away at some of the entries posted in this throwdown. All I know is that after this is all done I should know how to make a meatball. :thumb:

Are all the TD's in 2012 going to be this amazing? I see myself racking up a bunch of zero's...

Back