My Dad's 85th Birthday Cook! PRON

Happy Birthday to your Dad. Your dad sounds just like mine - just as active, a stubborn old coot who lost his best friend of 40years a few years ago. He is very far away,and I don't get to see him as often as I want to, so I'm more than a little jealous.

I'm sure you had a wonderful celebration with him. I hope he enjoys many more.

Ok, brethren, we had a great time today. It was a very special occasion. There were children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren in attendance.

Here is the brisket. The point wasn't quite as tender as I would have liked, but it was still delicious and there were no complaints.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the pork. This was one of my best pork butt cooks. I have no idea why pork butt magic happens on occasion, but this was one of those times. This is a mix of sliced, chopped, and pulled.

picture.php

The birthday cake!

picture.php

My Dad enjoying the BBQ. We setup the tables in his basement.

picture.php

And someone, not me, got him a very "touching" BD card. :)

picture.php

Always enjoy your post Bo....my dad passed in 78 when I was 20......not a day goes by that I would do anything to cook for him....pour him a B&B, light a match for his unfiltered camel and put on his favorite music....Still miss him so much I named my Jambo after him instead of a babe....BIG JOHN.......Have a GREAT Bday celebration and thanks for sharing.....BTW....LOVE THE BDAY CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Happy b-day to Boshizzle Senior! Looks like you put on an awesome spread. :clap2:

My dad will be turning 85 this year too (in September.) You've set the bar pretty high... I hope I can deliver! :grin:

Your dad looks so good for 85. After seeing my FIL getting up to about the same age and battling Parkinson's you are double blessed to have him still be so strong and full of vitality. And hey... those LMABT"S looked right up my alley. I'll have to give them a try. Nice cookin!

Back