• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First run was a success

A

altered states

My brother-in-law introduced me to smoking in barrels (and gave me the one I am using). They cook tri-tip and chickens in closed barrels, suspended from hooks - no rack.

I added an exhaust stack and used the rack today. Worked like a champ.
firstcookontheUDS.jpg

ABTsandsausages.jpg

Forgot to take pictures of the goodies until after we finished dinner.

tri-tip.jpg

UDSthermometer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking drum... congratulations on the success!! :cool:

:clap2:Its always nice when a plan and actions come together to end in the results that are great yo eat! :clap2:
Way to Go!
:thumb:

Yeah - I think I will using the smoker a lot - already thinking about a smoked turkey or goose for Thanksgiving. I've made pulled pork in a crockpot before - now I need to try cooking using the traditional method.

Yeah - I think I will using the smoker a lot - already thinking about a smoked turkey or goose for Thanksgiving. I've made pulled pork in a crockpot before - now I need to try cooking using the traditional method.
I made a smoked turkey for thanksgiving last year, the first thing I'd ever smoked. It was the best Thanksgiving turkey we've ever had.

That is a nice looking drum! And ya' you're gonna be hooked.....Did a Turkey for Christmas dinner last year on my drum.....Man it turned out great, and I've done several since......ENJOY!!!:thumb:

firecrackerjack

Back