• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Bologna"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Bologna"[/SIZE]
ring%20bologna%20large.jpg

Photo courtesy of kiefersmeats.com

Let's face it, not everyone can afford Prime Ribs quality meats for every throwdown, and times are tough for many these days. So this week we go to a cheap yet wonderful item than everyone can enjoy...BOLOGNA!!!

You know you love it!:biggrin:

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 4/6 - 4/12 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 4/13.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 4/14 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 4/19. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be determined by the winner of the "Duck" throwdown, Rick's Tropical Delight!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Looks like someone is going to win the throwdown on their first entry, how do you beat that? That there pic is absolutely gorgeous. That is the type of meal that you only stop eating when you run out of food, it looks to good to let an insignificant thing like being full get in your way.

Started with a hunk of Chub and some lite seasoning

Picture2876.jpg

Throw it on the Smoker for a couple hours

Picture2909.jpg

The Money shot for the Throwdown

Picture2895.jpg

And you snack

Picture2939.jpg

Oh, and best if done in the rain :wink:

Picture2878.jpg

Grilled BBQ Bologna Burger

Grilled BBQ Bologna Burger
IMG_2611.jpg

Added lettuce, grilled yellow pepper and grilled red onion

IMG_2615.jpg

Sliced and ready to eat

IMG_2621.jpg

I suspect this will be another week where the winner is by a landslide, and I suspect it will be that magnificent entry dreed just posted.

Back