BBQ in Dallas

Twelvegaugepump

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I will be at a convention in Dallas in October. Any suggestions on BBQ joints in the area? Preferably near the convention center since I won't have a car. Thanks!

Two that I want to try soon are Pecan Lodge and Lockhart Smokehouse BBQ. The both are getting good press and reviews. Hope some Dallas Brethren can confirm.

Avoid Sonny Bryan's like your life depended on it. I was in a similar situation about 3 years ago and found a place on just walking up one of the main streets about 4-5 blocks. I remember it had a lot of galvanized furnishing. It was much better than Sonny Bryan's.

Avoid Sonny Bryan's like your life depended on it. I was in a similar situation about 3 years ago and found a place on just walking up one of the main streets about 4-5 blocks. I remember it had a lot of galvanized furnishing. It was much better than Sonny Bryan's.

Sonny's was good 35 years ago when I lived in Dallas. I sure hate to hear how they have totally lost their mojo.

Missed this thread before. When is your trip? Lots of good places to try, but only Pecan Lodge is really downtown (and not sure if you have time for the wait in line). Shoot me a PM if you want to chat offline about your options. Depending on when it is, I may be able to assist with travel.

Missed this thread before. When is your trip? Lots of good places to try, but only Pecan Lodge is really downtown (and not sure if you have time for the wait in line). Shoot me a PM if you want to chat offline about your options. Depending on when it is, I may be able to assist with travel.

Please share your knowledge here. Dallas has a pretty lackluster reputation for BBQ these days.

Back