Blues Hog Red Wings

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I was asked today to provide a couple of recipes for a local BBQ newsletter coming out in March. While digging through my site, I was amazed that I have published 95 articles in my Cooking and Recipes category over the last 18 months that my site has been up.

Anyway, I found an old recipe that I thought you guys would find interesting. I wasn't doing as many pictures back then. I'm contributing this article, so I'll have to cook some wings soon to snap some pics.

This weekend, we hosted a dinner for friends at a local BBQ contest. They love chicken wings, but don’t do an extreme amount of heat. I grabbed my favorite chicken rub and tried a little experiment. The result was rave reviews by my friends.

Ingredients
- Parted Chicken Wings
- Your Favorite Chicken Rub
- One Stick of Butter
- Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce

After seasoning the wings with the rub, place on the grill. In the smoker would be any better. As the wings are almost fully cooked, get your sauce bath ready. Using a half aluminum pan, melt the stick of butter. Once melted, add a your Blues Hog Tennessee Red sauce. Move the cooked wings to the bath and fully coat them. Move the bath to a cool part of the grill and they’ll stay hot until your guests are ready to eat.

Blues Hog Tennessee Red is a thin vinegar and tomato based sauce. Very tangy and interesting.

When i make hotwings at home i make up a big bag of tyson frozen wings. I smoke em till their almost done then coat half in franks/butter and the other half in BH red. i hadnt thought about adding the butter to the bbq sauce. ill have to try that this weekend maybe. How long will the BH stay good once the bottle is open. ive had this one a few months in the fridge now its about half gone.

In the refer it will keep a long time, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it's the BH Tennesse Red, with all the vinegar in it, could almost go a year.

In the refer it will keep a long time, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it's the BH Tennesse Red, with all the vinegar in it, could almost go a year.

Good deal. forgot im goin out of town this weekend. so i think ill do hotwings for supper tonight .. mmmm mmmm.

I really like the TR, I like to add a splash or two to any BBQ sauce that I am blending.

I was asked today to provide a couple of recipes for a local BBQ newsletter coming out in March. While digging through my site, I was amazed that I have published 95 articles in my Cooking and Recipes category over the last 18 months that my site has been up.

Anyway, I found an old recipe that I thought you guys would find interesting. I wasn't doing as many pictures back then. I'm contributing this article, so I'll have to cook some wings soon to snap some pics.

wow..ive been cooking wings like this for a couple years now! Never knew it was posted on here..i use a different sauce though :-D
also if im in the mood for hotter wings ill substitute hot sauce for bbq sauce..

We LOVE BH Tennesse Red. I make Pulled Pork and splash it with some Tennessee Red everytime. Family and Freinds go crazy for it. It is a totally different taste than people are used to here in Texas. I use this exact method when I make wings, excpet I use Franks hot sauce instead of TR. I will have to try it instead of Franks next time we make wings.

We LOVE BH Tennesse Red. I make Pulled Pork and splash it with some Tennessee Red everytime. Family and Freinds go crazy for it. It is a totally different taste than people are used to here in Texas. I use this exact method when I make wings, excpet I use Franks hot sauce instead of TR. I will have to try it instead of Franks next time we make wings.

Exactly, substituting the Frank's with TR gives an interesting, tangy wing without the heat. Good alternative for the heat challenged.

Todd, that's pretty much how I do ribletts, also. I just add some brown sugar to the mix. Good eats.

Teresa and I did this recipe for the People's Choice at the Fulton contest. This year it was decided not to judge the wings, just let the people pay their money and eat.
So....I didn't get judged by voting on the wings.....BUT.......I was the first person OUT of wings, and I had several repeat customers coming back saying these were the best wings they had tried.....

If you get a chance to try these wings with Tennessee Red, you really should....they are great!

Thanks Todd for posting! It's a winner in my book!

Thanks. I've done similar wings with butter and Franks but have never tried the TR. Looks like some wings in the near future are in order.

that looks so good, i ordered me some Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce today!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Back