View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #21
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post
I've decided that I am going to design this drum to do four functions.

1. Smoker (non-diffused and diffused) using 1 or 2 cooking grates and 3rd grate for optional diffuser medium.
2. Grill (adjustable fire basket can sit up higher right under grate for grilling)
3. PBC-Like (hanging meat from rebar & hooks--will stop holes for the rebar with stainless steel bolts, washers & nuts when not using this feature.)
4. Rotisserie -- again I'll stop all the holes with bolts, washers & nuts when this feature isn't being used.

If this works well, I might get rid of my mini wsm, hasty bake and weber kettle.
When i was going to build a 30 gallon i was going to do the same exact things..including the sliding vent, diffuser/no diffuser. I was gonna make it similar to a 55 gallon Big Poppa to grill/sear. This was right up until i got a Jumbo Joe on sale for 19 dollars and made a mini out of it and can smoke, hang, grill/sear all with it. Still would NEVER get rid of my little mini or Big Poppa. Keep all the sizes because it's nice having the versatility.

bbq- out of the small, med and large i use the medium (30 gallon size) the most....keep the versatility though!

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote