Stoker or Guru Wifi question (not a which one question)

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Those of you that are using either a Stoker or Guru WiFi unit - is there a notification or alarm that will sound off on my IPhone if there is a pit temp issue? I am considering one or the other not sure at this time. My goal would be to go inside and off to sleep until an alarm let me know it's time for wood. Will this happen or do you have to wake up and look at the fan/run percentage or what?

I have the stoker and using the "stokemaster" app (written by one of the brethren, NCGrimbo), I can have alarms set for food and pit temps.

I have the CyberQ Guru and I have an app that was made by the Guru guys for it. Works great I have mine setup to allow me to get to it when I am out and about or even at work. If you need any help setting one up let me know I can send you the link to the app and help with setup. The initial setup is the hardest part that is for sure.

I'm pretty sure I am going to get one for my catering business as the lack of sleep is starting to get to me. My hopes are that I can get a 3-4 hour burn time on my Lang 84 and I can go to sleep and have an alarm set so that my Iphone will alarm me when I need to tend fire. If I can wake up with by the alarm and go outside and add wood in 5 minutes then go back to sleep for 3-4 hours I will be happy.

I use the Stroker with the Wi-Fi. I also have a wireless access point I bring with me ... they both run off the same batter unit and run for about 14-16 hours. I would just turn my phone into a wireless ap but that drains the battery fast ... anyways with that setup and the App The Pit Pal I get alerts/alarms to my phone on temp changes. I DO NOT USE the Stroker for fire management nor do I have a blow for it.

Back