How long can u hold ribs--

Ackman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Have two packages of cyrovaced pork spare ribs in the fridge for a week--planned to sort through them for upcoming comp. and freeze--didnt get around to it,,,,are they still Ok?

Has anyone ever vacuum sealed cooked ribs, froze them and then served them some months later??? How did they hold up? I've done it that way with pulled pork, and it holds up fine, just boil the pork in the sealed bag, comes out really moist.

Has anyone ever vacuum sealed cooked ribs, froze them and then served them some months later??? How did they hold up? I've done it that way with pulled pork, and it holds up fine, just boil the pork in the sealed bag, comes out really moist.

I do it all the time and it works fine, for us.
Fact is, our supply of cooked is running low so I have 4 slabs of Baby Backs in the freezer to cook up and then freeze into serving size portions.

Good Eats!

TIM

Well, just finished, vacuumed sealed two racks,,,, I'll let you know this winter.

Do you guys reheat them in boiling water like you do pulled pork? I am thinking that these would make great Christmas gifts for my employees.

do it all the time

I Food Saver bag all the racks of ribs we cook and dont sell at farmers markets we do. I seal & freeze the whole rack. When I am ready to use them, I thaw them out, wrap in foil, add a little apple juice, some of our sauce and put them in the smoker for about 45 minutes. They come out great, sometimes they are more tender & fall off the bone than usual, but a lot of folks love them that way. Just dont leave in the smoker too long, they wil turn to mush.
Wrorks well for us

I blast freeze then vacuum chamber whole racks for resale and most customers just through them on the grill or place packaged ribs in a pan of water then into the oven to warm them back up. Just like most do with vacuum bagged pulled pork in simmering water to reheat.

Do you guys reheat them in boiling water like you do pulled pork? I am thinking that these would make great Christmas gifts for my employees.

I remove them from the cryo and reheat them in the oven. I don't like the way they turn out when boiled in the bag.

Back