It's not a Bandera, BUT....

threesticks

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
While this is not a Bandera, I think most of us appreciate a good smoker when we see it. This is one from work. The guys in the printshop eliminated all overtime (and still got the job done) so the President of the company bought them this smoker. Pretty cool. It's a Brinkmann Southfork Smoker/Grill. (with a serial numbered plaque) They had it out back and were in the process of seasoning it.

No need to apologize for the Brinkmann Southfork -- it's large and it's got a vertile chamber -- I know
Phil will remind us that it's not a BYC by Bro. Dave but it's still a pretty nice smoker. Good volume and both
the horizontal area for grilling (as well as the firebox) and the verticle chamber where "cooler heads
prevail" :D

Congrats to the guys in the shop -- ought to be some good 'que in the future.

I want to work for the President of your company ... got any openings?

Southforks and (cimmarons) are excellent smokers. (Dave, i only commented on the tejas 2040 not being a BYC cause its a stolen design).
But the southfork was at the top of my list before I got the BYC or Bandera. Its a Black Diamond with a vertical on it and BIG wheels.
I was graduating to that from the Hondo when I found my Bandera instead.
It was just nearly impossible to find someone who sold it.

(Dave, i only commented on the tejas 2040 not being a BYC cause its a stolen design).

Phil and everyone,
I didn't mean to sound like I was sniping at Phil. If I had a BYC I'd be talking it up, too.
I realized after I posted that it sounded like I was puking on Phil and the way he raves about
the BYC. He's right, the quality of Klose's product it outstanding. I understood what he said
about the Tejas smoker (I'm not totally convinced you can lay claim to any smoker design
and say someone else stole it -- but hey if DK thinks he was ripped off who am I to argue).
My problem is I can't afford ANY of these smokers - hence my ECB :D

But hope springs eternal! We'll just have to see what Santa leave under my cooking tree!!

Back