The Pizza Chronicles. Stick Burner Pies

Well all in all it went quite well. I was too busy to get very many photos, as always the first pie was sacrificed to the pizza gods as the stone was uber hot! I managed to bubble the paint on the side of the warmer in the extreme heat. Around pizza number 4 while I was walking it into the garage, I slipped on a grease spot on the painted floor and fell backwards while balancing the pie on its peel and nearly made the table, nearly! The Pizza Gods ate well last night.

Margherita sans basil, I add the basil when its cooked,

1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 mushroom

The Bottom

It was a lot of work for sure, once the bottom was cooked, about 60 seconds, I took the peel and raised the pie off the stone and held it just underneath the hot griddle above to crist the top, a trick I learned in my WFO. I will do this again for sure, but today is my last cook on Tushka, she out of here tomorrow to begin her journey to France!

Thanks for lookin and I'll keep cooking!

Jed

Beer????? No way :laugh:

Seriously Jed, thems really fine lookin, now I'm craving pizza for some odd reason

Gotta feed the Pizza Gods once in a while, but those pies look amazing, Jed! Great job! :thumb:

MSDas a great pizza dough recipe but we may have have to try that vone - It looks Daum good!

Awesome Jed. Make me proud brother i can send you a 1000degree therm because i know people that know people that know people .... Jest let me know
Thanks for the offer Paul, I think I will be ok once I get unpacked and can get to my IR Thermometer. I need the temperature of the stone more than the ambient temperature in the warmer. But, you can bring one with you when you come to visit and we can play with it in France. :cool:

Jed, this is a great tutorial. Couple questions if you don't mind. I saw the BBQ thermo pegged, what temps do you think you were hitting for the cook. How critical do you think the upper charcoal plate was for you?

Back