Must Have BBQ Book?

I just picked up a copy of BIG BOOK of BBQ the other day.
It's my 1st BBQ book. It covers styles from the east coast
to the west of Texas, it also has a lot of tips for smoking and
grilling.

if you want un-conventioal, then try out adam perry lang try out his book called bbq 25 along with charred and scruffed. I like the books alot. fun and something different to try out.

The one thing I liked about Myron's book is it is am easy read. I have never met him, but it does impart a genuineness that he portrays on TV and in videos I have seen of him on You Tube. Someday I will either take his class or meet him to see if my hypothesis is true.

I absolutely love Dr. BBQ's books, Rob Walsh's Legends of Texas BB-Q, Paul Kirk's Championship BB-Q, and Smoke and Spice, but I think my all time favorite book in general has to be Mike Mill's Peace, Love, and BB-Q.

Not technically a BBQ book, but I am really hoping to get:

"Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way" by Francis Mallman

As I had hoped, "Seven Fires" was among my Saturnalia, er, I mean "Christmas" gifts!! w00t!!

Nice Enkidu!!! I browsed the book on Amazon and it looks cool. I love the pic of the lamb(?) filleted out standing on a rack next to the fire ring.

I have always wanted to cook something that way.

Yeah, Adam Perry lang is awesome- haven't read BBQ 25, but Serious Barbecue is my favorite. I haven't read Dr BBQ's books, but they look great, especially if you have a kamado (in his videos I seem to remember him using BGE's a lot).

LOL! I'm always amazed that this book is still so revered when we all know the recipes don't actually work as written. That's kind of a big problem for me :)

+1 I started myself with this book before there was this internet thingy, and the times and temps are WAY off. I ruined more meat as a result. Plus, they leave you with the idea that 220 is good, but 210 is better, and 200 or lower is THE way to go. C'mon Man!!!! Give me a ****ing break! It's been many years now, but I didnt bother selling the book, I literally threw it away. As Doc said above, LOTS of other good books out there now.

As I recall, I purchased 3 or 4 books originally. The only one thrown away was the one I used to start with; Smoke and Spice. Paul Kirks has lots of great starter recipes. I would highly suggest starting as simple and with as few ingredients as possible and working up to more complex flavors...

Back