Contest Results Morgan Hill No Bull BBQ Cook-Off PNWBA - Our First GC!

huminie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The 3rd Annual Morgan Hill No Bull BBQ Cook-Off happened this past weekend in the SF Bay Area of California. This was a PNWBA sanctioned event.

Full results here: http://www.pnwba.com/events/2012/2012.res.ca.morganhill.nobull.pdf

Top 20 Overall

GC Huminie's Hogalious BBQ
RGC Dads Doing What They Love

3 155 South Bar-B-Q
4 Big B's Down-n-Dirty
5 Too Ashamed To Name BBQ
6 Cecil's Smok'n BBQ
7 Rolling Bones Traveling BBQ Circus
8 Casual Smokers
9 Smoke Slayers
10 Smokey's Bar-B-Que
11 Butcher's Daughter
12 Bad S. BBQ
13 Chain Smokers
14 Royal Smokin' Hot BBQ
15 Smokey Luv BBQ
16 Slap Yo Daddy BBQ
17 Home on the Range
18 Hound Dog BBQ
19 Pig Pimp'n BBQ
20 Bowling Over Pigs

This was a very special contest for us. Not only was it our first ever GC, but we did it on "home turf" as we are local to the area. So much fun to win in front of your friends, family and community! We also won a side contest among several local teams where "celebrity" judges came to our camps to sample our ribs.

Sorry to "toot my own horn", but this was a big accomplishment for us and I am very proud of my team and wanted to share with the Brethren!

Thanks for looking!

Congrats Adam! So cool that you got it at home in front of your loved ones!
Wish I was there to see it.

Congrats to everyone that walked!

Congrats...Man though, this use to be a High 50+ team contest...what happened?

I think there are a few factors played a part in it. One, there are more contests for teams to choose from in California (great news!). The new CBBQA scoring system does not favor team count nearly as much as it did up until this year so teams don't have to travel. Most teams from down south competed in Long Beach instead. We had 80 teams competing across the state that day. And a few teams from the north did not want to compete in a PNWBA contest for their own reasons.

It was still a great contest and a lot of fun!

Nice job Adam!

Any thoughts on the PNWBA system? Like/dislikes? Did they do comment cards? Any 10's??

I liked it. My scores seemed to match with what I thought I should be getting. I got all my comment cards and they were well done. No complaints from me and between Christene/Anthony and the feedback I heard from judges I trust, I am confident things were handled well in the tent.

I did score some 10s...12 actually, including a triple. Pretty stoked about that!

Idont think that many teams fro so cal are going to drive to nor cal to competein a pnwba deal...we can only cook so much so we stick with KCBS....Still a great result and congrats Adam!

Back