Rib racks

gayler

Reaction score
Anyone using rib racks of any kind? I thought about buying a couple, but wasn't sure if the ribs will turn out good cooked standing up. If so did they turn out as good as if they were laying flat?

Standing up or flat doesn't matter to me and I have cooked both ways. If ya got the room lay them flat, if you're cooking a bunch stand them up.

Paul B
SS UDS

Thanks Paul! I can only get three on laying down. I would like to cook for a family reunion in July. I wounder how many I wound need to cook for about 35 people? 15 or so?

Anyone using rib racks of any kind? I thought about buying a couple, but wasn't sure if the ribs will turn out good cooked standing up. If so did they turn out as good as if they were laying flat?

Standing up or flat doesn't matter to me and I have cooked both ways.

I also cook both ways. When room permits I lay flat, when I am cooking a lot more I stand them up in rib racks. Never paid attention to any differences, they always turn out good.

I prefer flat if I am doing a small cook (picks up all the seasoning from my grates), but the quality does not suffer using a rack. Sometimes, I just use the rack (and cut a couple of slabs in half to fill the rack) just so I can put a pan underneath and minimize the mess. I use the Weber original.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6469-Original-Roast-Holder/dp/B005LR6Z56

I bought a cheap rack from Home Depot when I was doing a bunch of ribs on my gasser. Not sure I would need it now for the WSM, but I still have it if I do.

Back