• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chivo Goat Leg Tacos

That really looks great! Great blog by the way, jealous. :)
Not to hijack but goat is not popular around here and we have never had it.
What to look/ask for what not to get?
Thoughts appreciated! Thanks, Thermal

:thumb:Thank you MisterChrister and Blue!!

Holy moly Jeanie, that looks awesome. I'm glad to hear you still have some leftover. I'll be over as fast as I can. :-D
Jason Thanks! I'll leave the light on for ya. :grin:

Cowgirl, you are inspiring to say the least. I'd give anything to have goat to try, I've never had it before and I am obsessed with trying new things. Is it close in flavor to lamb or mutton? I love my meats gamey if they can be so I'm hoping goat is (then again I'm not because I'll be even more hard pressed to find some to try)!!!

Thank you!! hmmmm... the younger the goat the milder the flavor. Also in my opinion, meat goats like the Boar breed aren't as gamey as some of the others. Depends on what they have been fed too. I would say it's more like lamb than mutton.
Hope you give it a try!

Jeanie - you are a national treasure!

I've been wanting to cook goat - love the looks of that right there! :clap2:
Greg you are sweeeet!! Thanks friend! :grin:

Rockingshelby..Thanks!! :thumb:

What does goat taste like?
It's closer to lamb than anything else I guess. A fairly mild flavored meat. The younger the goat the better.

That really looks great! Great blog by the way, jealous. :)
Not to hijack but goat is not popular around here and we have never had it.
What to look/ask for what not to get?
Thoughts appreciated! Thanks, Thermal

Thank you Thermal, I appreciate you stopping by my blog too!
I recommend getting a meat breed and a young one. They have the tastiest meat. Not sure if that's much help to you, hope you find one in your area.
The Boer breed is popular here.

Jason thank you!! :-D

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Very nice, your posts always amaze me.

We raised pigs and goats when I was a lad (4H), the goats were mostly for dairy purposes but you know when you get those young bucks ... not much of a future in dairy for them. BBQ goat rocks, especially when you can get a young un.

HUUUMMMMMM! Cabrito

Cowgirl;

Youve made my mouth watered, cabrito hum-mm!, my favorite, a misunderstood delicacy, food for the gods and not just anybody can cook it the right way.

YOU DO!, and I respect you.

A stipple of south Texas food

JV

I am ashamed to admit,:redface:,I was about to pass over the post when I read the title.THEN,I saw who posted it and could not help but check it out.WOWZA!!!!! Glad I did.IMPRESSIVE! Learned a lesson too.Never underestimate any post on this forum!!!:wink:

Very nice, your posts always amaze me.

We raised pigs and goats when I was a lad (4H), the goats were mostly for dairy purposes but you know when you get those young bucks ... not much of a future in dairy for them. BBQ goat rocks, especially when you can get a young un.

Todd Thank you!! I bet those young dairy goats were tasty. Nice to hear you're familiar with raising your own meat too. :thumb:

Cowgirl;

Youve made my mouth watered, cabrito hum-mm!, my favorite, a misunderstood delicacy, food for the gods and not just anybody can cook it the right way.

YOU DO!, and I respect you.

A stipple of south Texas food

JV
JV you are very kind!! Thank you! Means a lot to me coming from you. :thumb:

Chicago, thank you!! :grin:

I am ashamed to admit,:redface:,I was about to pass over the post when I read the title.THEN,I saw who posted it and could not help but check it out.WOWZA!!!!! Glad I did.IMPRESSIVE! Learned a lesson too.Never underestimate any post on this forum!!!:wink:
lol Hoss I'm glad you checked it out. Thanks friend! :mrgreen:

Thank you Jsperk, Westy and GL!! :thumb:

Jeanie, awesome birria de chivo tacos! Of course, I would expect nothing less...I'm sure you can throw together an awesome tostada or two with the leftovers.

BTW, hope you'll try my salsa roja next time you do tacos.

I've come back to look at this thread about 5 times already. Great looking grub there cowgirl. Goat just made the grocery list :)

Back