Cool Trophy

• Thread starter The Pickled Pig
  • Start date
T

The Pickled Pig

Check out the cool trophy we won for 2nd at the JD Backyard BBQ Contest today.

16.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

For second place huh?????????
Hmmmm would that be RGC?

I got a great picture of Lee grabbing that statue off of the stage. I will post it in a little while!!

That was a funny moment. The MC had asked one representative from each team to gather at the corner of the stage for awards. So, Paul walked over to represent Pickled Pig. As they called out the three categories, Paul collected the awards from two or three steps away max! However, when they called out RGC and announced to the crowd that the trophy was a custom carved pig created by the Chainsaw Chix on site early that day, literally out of nowhere, Lee comes running over from the other side of KC Live. He bear hugs the huge, heavy trophy and fails to get it off stage the first and second try. The MC looked down at Lee trying to hoist the trophy and asked "Are you in a hurry?" Lee's third attempt was successful and he triumphantly carted the huge sculpture off, displaying it to the crowd. I don't think he even heard the MC. You really had to be there. The whole thing took only a few seconds. It was absolutely hilarious. Good job Pickled Pig crew.

and congrats to you as well.....nice showing before the big one next weekend....congrats to all who called.....

How was that contest did you guys have a good time?

Awesome time. The KC Power & Light District is a great venue for a contest.

Half a bottle of Jack? :)

We were required to put at least 1 TBSP of Jack our sauce entry. I can't say for certain what happened to the rest.

Who won GC and was the trophy also carved?

Rod (kcpellethead) won GC. He won a chest freezer crammed with meat.

Here's a pic that shows Lee's fondness of the trophy.

PigPrize10.jpg

Back