Butt to Butt 2009

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I just learned from the Bullsheet that we got invited to Shannon, IL for this year's Butt to Butt contest! I'm stoked! I went last year on my own to help Mean Dean's Smokin' Machine with their Butt to Butt X entry. It was Dean's entry, but I was there for morale support and an extra hand. It was an amazing event. My dream was to make it back there someday to compete myself.

Dreams come true!

We actually didn't win any of the qualifying events, but are listed as a special invite. You see, the Pork winners of the GAB Invitiational and American Royal Open are invited. We won Pork at the GAB Open and the American Royal Invitational. :roll: Right category... wrong contests. The Butt to Butt officials must have taken this into account.

Oh, and we placed in pork in all four of the GAB (4th & 1st) and AMR (1st & 13th) contests.

Randy and Andy - Pack your bags... we're going to the Field of Dreams!

Congrats on the invite!

Ottie
The Flying Burritos

woot.gif
headbang.gif

Congrats on making it back to the Field of Terror...err, Dreams! If Dean comes back with you, remind him to keep track of those stray embers of charcoal...and leave the propane at home!

I'd hate for you to have to be a hero two years in a row...

2008 Butt to Butt

Congrats on making it back to the Field of Terror...err, Dreams! If Dean comes back with you, remind him to keep track of those stray embers of charcoal...and leave the propane at home!

I'd hate for you to have to be a hero two years in a row...

2008 Butt to Butt

Bring it on! I have two fire extinguishers now.

Congrats Todd!

I would only expect the best Pork cooker in the country to be invited! :cool:

Andy can just come after Lake Placid... Nothing beats the Adirondacks and then going to the fields of Shannon...

I just learned from the Bullsheet that we got invited to Shannon, IL for this year's Butt to Butt contest!

Congrats Todd! That is one event I've always wanted to cook... I guess I was waiting until I somehow qualified for butt-to-butt... maybe someday... Good Luck!

Todd and I pretty much swap up catagories at will when we cook together... About 1/2 way through the season, we swapped up Brisket and Pork. I imagine if I try to go to Shannon, I might be cookin brisket instead of pork :)

Scottie, I dont think this trip is in the cards though.... We are hitting Boston Hills, then Placid, then sauntering back to KS. I would only have a day, maybe two.... to get recovered from the 2 week NE run... I just don't have the stamina you do!!!

I have to get rested up (and caught up at the office) so Todd & I can go defend our Grand Champ win in Burlington @ the Wild Blue BBQ the following week. I have no doubts Todd will bring the Plowboys "A" game to Shannon. That and two commercial fire extinguishers, and it will be a heck of a trip!

Back